Safety might be first… No one gets hurt in an open shop…
Give & get respect. Respect the tools, Respect the process, Respect the people, not necessarily in that order. Remember to define respect so that people know what it means to respect tools/process/people/etc.
Ask if there is an issue… Ask a more experienced person if there is a question… For example, don’t know how this brake system works, and it’s a safety issue, ask a more experienced person to look it over before it goes out the door… A double checking type buddy system…
Tools go back where you found them.
Tools stay in the shop.
Inclusive Community Guidelines
• We enter with a commitment to mutual respect, mutual aid, anti-oppression advocacy, conflict resolution, anti-violence, and community building
• We respect everyone’s names, preferred gender pronouns, expressed identities and experiences.
• We support the empowerment of each person and group
• We commit to making spaces as accessible as possible: physically, socially, and personally
• We are peaceful and honest
• We respect each other’s bodies and spaces
• We commit to hearing each other and creating opportunities for all voices to be heard.
• We accept a shared responsibility to hold ourselves and one another accountable for these agreements’ intent
• We encourage open minds and open hearts
• We promote inclusive learning spaces and questions in the spirit of personal growth